Masters, Doctoral, Post-Doctoral & Certificate Study
Graduate studies in: spirituality;
Call today to learn more (888) 272-6109 or 1-417-777-7717
|Home||Prospective Students||Faculty||Research||Contact Us|
Joint Masters Program: Theology degree (ThM)in Spirituality and Health
IAM University of the Heart (IAM-U) and Holos University Graduate Seminary (HU) are pleased to announce a joint graduate program in which IAM-U students may transfer the equivalent of 24 hours of credit into HU and apply them towards HU's 37-credit-hour Masters degree.
The IAM-U courses, workshops, retreats, and other experiences to be counted as the equivalent of 24 credit hours fall into five categories:
The degree earned is a Masters of Theology (Th.M.) in Spirituality and Health with an emphasis in Heart Meditation. Applications to be admitted to the program must be submitted through IAM-U.org.
The remaining 13 hours for the Masters degree are satisfied by four HU courses:
The HU part of the program is supervised by a graduate committee. When the application for admission to the program is approved by IAM and submitted to HU, a professor is selected from the HU faculty by the Dean of Faculty, Dr. Bob Nunley, to chair the graduate student's committee. The Dean and Dr. Asatar Bair (in consultation with the Chair of the graduate committee and the graduate student) will choose one of the regular members of the graduate committee from the IAM faculty and one from the HU faculty. The committee of three will be responsible for the HU part of the student's graduate program.
The IAM-U/HU program is overseen by a Joint Executive Committee that will monitor the program and make adjustments as needed in this new effort. IAM-U President Dr. Asatar Bair is the principal IAM-U spokesperson for the joint program and Dr. Bob is the principal HU spokesperson for the joint program. Contact either or both of them with any questions you may have. If you have need to communicate with any of the other members of the Joint Executive Committee their contact information is listed below.
Joint IAM-U/HU Graduate Program Executive Committee
Name E-Mail Address Phone
• Ann Nunley AcademicsDean@HolosUniversity.org (785) 863-2176
• Asatar Bair Asatar@AppliedMeditation.org (415) 710-4367
• Berney Williams President@HolosUniversity.org (785) 331-4425
• Bob Nunley FacultyDean@HolosUniversity.org (785) 863-2176
• Oliver London Provost@HolosUniversity.org (785) 856-3070
• Puran Bair Puran@AppliedMeditation.org (520) 289-6420)
• Susanna Bair Susanna@AppliedMeditation.org (520) 743-1312)
The HU part of the joint Masters degree program will require spending from four to seven days at Unity Village near Kansas City during our Campus Week either in early October or April for the Orientation and Planning Course and perhaps for a residential component of Mysticism or the elective. The dates for Campus Week are October 3 to 9, 2010; April 10 to 16 and October 2 to 8, 2011; and April 1 to 7 and October 7 to 13, 2012. The application and tuition costs of the 13 HU credit hours, assuming two - four courses a semester, vary as follows:
4 Courses 2 Courses
Application fee: $200 $200
HU 701-ORP - One credit hour; $635 $635
HU 753 or HU 757 - Three credit hours $1,272 to $1,485
$1,272 to $1,485 - Three credit hours $1,272 to $1,485
$2,544 to $2,970 - Six credit hours $2,544 to $2,970
Total $5,923 to $6,775
Payment may be spread out over six months at that rate, or a three percent discount is given for payment up front in one lump sum.
Additional costs include:
• Room and board for four to seven days of Campus Week; and
• Telephone long-distance charges or broadband Internet
• Conference call fees
Other Additional Costs may include:
• Continuous enrollment in 780 or 790 (if not completed promptly)-- $400 per credit hour.
• Incomplete Fees (if an Incomplete is not completed in the following semester); and
• Graduation and Ordination attire -- $270
• Satisfactory completion of the program entitles the IAM-U students to be ordained as ministers in the All Faiths Church of Spirituality and Health.
• The tuition for IAM-U credits is $12,250. Payment options are available for qualified students.
• The total cost of the program ranges from $18,173 to $19,025 plus the additional costs noted above.
• For further information contact Dr. Asatar Bair or Dr. Bob Nunley. General information about HU is found at www.HolosUniversity.org .Org and information about the IAM University of the Heart is found at www.IAM-U.org.
• Successful completion of the Joint IAM-U/HU Masters Program assures that your application to HU's doctoral program would be approved, and we are working out the details of a joint program that would permit the transfer of 21 additional IAM-U credit hour equivalents into HU's 61-credit-hour Doctor of Theology (Th.D.) degree.
© 2010 Holos University - P.O. Box 297, Bolivar, Missouri 65613 USA